Our work is guided by the belief that:
- Students are at the center of what we do;
- Educational opportunity should not depend on race and income;
- Colleges and universities are the unit of change when it comes to boosting student success and closing success gaps;
- Networks are critical for institutions and the organizations that support them to accelerate learning and student-centered change; and
- Evidence is essential for guiding improvement in student outcomes.
We support colleges and universities committed to transformation – making significant and lasting change to dramatically improve student outcomes and eliminate success gaps by race and income. For us, transformation includes having a student-centered mission, setting goals and being accountable for them, using data to make decisions, creating a collaborative environment, and making a commitment to continuous improvement.
We do this by investing in the development of tools and resources to guide transformation efforts; supporting networks to connect institutions with these resources and with each other to accelerate learning; and advocating for public policy focusing on the needs of today’s students and the colleges and universities serving them.
Explore each of our Areas of Focus to learn more.